Academy Tools Low Cost Frame Fixture Kit
Academy Tools Low Cost Frame Fixture
Our award winning* and revolutionary low cost bicycle frame building jig solution for frame builders everywhere!
The Academy Tools LCFF achieves both affordability and accuracy, and a whole lot more, thanks to clever design.
Innovative laser calibrated alignment system to ensure accuracy at every interface, quick and accurate set-up with a large and expandable build range, compatible with every standard of Head Tube, Bottom Bracket (up to 100mm width), and Rear Axle.
There's nothing that comes close to the LCFF, and certainly not when you consider the price.
The Frame Fixture kit is supplied as a shoe-box-sized crate of parts. You add a few, easily sourced, parts and have a fully functioning fixture. Uniquely and importantly the alignment of the LCFF can be user calibrated, all thanks to the Academy Tools Laser Calibration Kit, which is included.
Accurate repeatable set-up in under 3 minutes thanks to fully integrated bespoke measurement system, that utilises no more than a steel rule and angle finder. Fully independent HT and RA adjustment with X&Y datum taken from BB axis. Set-up straight from BikeCAD.
Versatile over a full range of wheel sizes from Balance Bikes to 29+ wheel sizes if utilising the standard beam lengths. Range can be significantly increased with the use of longer steel beams.
- All plate and turned parts
- All fixings
- Laser alignment tool set
- 1", 1"1/8 and 44mm head tube adaptors
- 68mm & 73mm bottom bracket adaptors
- 130mm or 135mm indexed dummy axle
- 1m steel ruler with 1mm scale
- Digital angle gauge, +/- 0.1 degree accuracy
- Fixture accessory tidy
- Benchtop feet (pair)
- Full ‘step-by-step’ illustrated assembly and user instructions
- All delivered in a purpose made wooden crate
- Additional dummy axles (all sizes available)
- Additional HT adapters (all standards available)
- Additional BB adapters (all standards, up to 100mm width, available)
- Gas purge kit
- Three-caster stand
Additional parts required
The additional items needed to build your LCFF can easily be bought locally, making the cost of shipping significantly cheaper. We’ve designed the LCFF to work with either metric or Imperial standard mild steel box section so that regardless of where you are based you will be able to easily source the bits you need to build your fixture. Should you wish to extend the reach of your fixture you can simply buy longer beams.
- 1730mm length of rectangular hollow section mild steel, either 100 x 60 x 3mm or 4” x 2” x ⅛”
- 930mm length of square hollow section mild steel, either 40 x 40 x 3mm or 1 ½” x 1 ½” x ⅛”
- 750mm length of square hollow section mild steel, either 40 x 40 x 3mm or 1 ½” x 1 ½” x ⅛”
- 350mm length of square hollow section mild steel, either 40 x 40 x 3mm or 1 ½” x 1 ½” x ⅛”
[Please note: we only supply the pre-drilled beams needed for the LCFF in the event that you are able to collect your fixture from TBA. This will be priced at an additional cost of £150. To order this option please complete your LCFF kit order, then email us to request your beams. We will send you an updated invoice and charge accordingly.]
Tools required for assembly
- 13mm, 15mm and 17mm spanners
- 2.5mm, 4mm and 6mm hex keys
- A powerdrill with 8.5mm and 10.5mm drill bits
1 years Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Order now for planned fulfilment in September 2018.
For orders outside of the uk shipping will be charged separately, once your fixture is ready to ship.
* Winner of the 'Innovation Award' The UK Handmade Bicycle Show, Bespoked, 2017