Academy Tools - Frame Fixture (ATFF)
FLASH SALE - 25% OFF (was £5,400) while stock lasts!
Academy Tools Frame Fixture
Academy Tools Frame Fixture, an innovative, award winning and revolutionary bicycle frame jig for builders everywhere.
Unlike traditional jig designs, the Academy Tools User Calibratable Fixture Alignment System gives you the functionality you need to check and control the alignment of your frame fixture, at every interface, every time.
Our design negates the need for expensive and time consuming factory calibration, and subsequently high shipping costs, for which all of the costs are typically passed on to the customer. Most importantly; we’ve removed the risk of building frames on a jig that has unknowingly fallen out of alignment since being calibrated by the jig manufacturer.
In a nutshell; we’ve developed a professional bicycle frame building jig that, uniquely, gives you the frame builder control over alignment. There really is nothing else like it.
- User Calibratable Fixture Alignment System
- User calibratable linear and angular measurement system
- Self-assembly kit packed into a purpose made, low volume shipping crate
- Fully illustrated user manual covering assembly, calibration and use
- Manufactured from hard anodised aluminium tooling plate, stainless steel and brass
- Huge build range, with repositionable BB datum, independent adjustment, super fast set-up straight from BikeCad or any other bike design solution
- Great access to the frame
- Gas purge ready
- 5 year warranty
Innovative and award winning user calibratable, laser indicated, fixture alignment system allows the builder to ensure they work with the accuracy needed at every interface..
Each of the following features can be independently adjusted in the following degrees of freedom, with all adjustments made about the true centre of origin of the feature; Rear Axle Z offset, Rear Axle roll, Rear Axle Yaw, Head Tube Z offset, Head Tube roll, Seat Tube (top) Z offset.
Versatile over a full range of wheel sizes from Balance Bikes to 29+ wheel sizes.
- Head Tube X: 210-625mm
- Head Tube Y: 230-550mm
- Head Angle: 56°-76°
- Seat Angle: 65°-80°
- Rear Axle X: 165-500mm
- Rear Axle Y: -120 +50mm
- BB Shell Width: 68-120mm
- Seat Tube Extension: 320-760mm
- Seat Tube Offset: 0-70mm
Integrated gas purge ports, unique HT lug brazing access and adjustable tube supports.
• All parts needed to assemble the frame fixture, excluding 90x90mm extrusion.
• Academy Tools Frame Fixture Laser Alignment Kit
• 1/18" & 44mm HT adapters
• 68mm & 73mm BB adapters
• 3 x tube support arms & fingers
• Fully illustrated step-by-step build, calibration and user manual
Additional parts required
The additional items needed to build your Academy Tools Frame Fixture can easily be bought locally, making the cost of shipping significantly cheaper. We’ve designed the Academy Tools Frame Fixture to work with a 1410mm length of BOSCH Rexroth 90x90mm. Should you wish to extend the reach of your fixture you can simply buy a longer main beam.
The fixture is supplied with a mounting boss that is compatible with the following Park Tools “Lock Block System” stands:
PRS 2.2-1, PRS 2.2-2, PRS 3.2-1, PRS 3.2-2, PRS 4.2-1, PRS 4.2-2, PRS 4W-1, PRS 4W-2
Please note the total weight of the fixture is 38 kg. Use appropriate fixing hardware.
5 years Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Plus the Academy Tools lifetime fair use cost price component replacement program.
We have sold our first batch of twenty fixtures and are now taking pre-order deposits for the next batch. We are expecting to begin fulfilling orders in November 2021.
See our Shipping and Fulfilment page for details.
The Academy Tools Frame Fixture is shipped in a specially made protective wooden crate of 770x430x400mm. European and worldwide shipping from £100.
* Alignment concept was the winner of the 'Technical Excellence Award' at The UK Handmade Bicycle Show, Bespoked, 2018, and the completed fixture was the winner of the 'Innovation Award' at The UK Handmade Bicycle Show, Bespoked 2019.